Mr. Allen, a local attorney, was one of the original twelve trustees of the Fort Hill Cemetery Association. He served as secretary and treasurer
and was also a contributor to the fund for the erection of the Logan monument.
He owned and published the newspaper "The Cayuga Patriot". He was a director of the National Bank of Auburn for twenty-five years and served thirty-two years as a trustee of the Auburn Savings Bank. He lived at 170 W. Genesee from 1831 until his death in 1881. The house no longer exists.
The Allen family plot is located in the Cemetery's Ridgeland section.